Have you ever felt so stressed that you just needed a break but didn't know where to start or what to do? If you have, then you're not alone. It can be hard to find time to relax in today's fast-paced world. Calm claims to help you relax and de-stress, but are they actually worth it? Keep reading to find out what we've discovered in our review.
It's no secret that most of us are stressed out. Stress can happen anytime to anyone, even travelers or digital nomads on the road. This is especially the case when you travel alone.
If you're looking for a way to relax and de-stress, the Calm app is worth checking out.
With a wide variety of guided meditation and relaxation exercises, it's perfect for those new to meditation or who need a little help getting started. And even if you're an experienced meditator, plenty of valuable features can help you stay calm and focused.
That's what they say on paper, but are they worth trying? Keep reading to find out what we've discovered!
What is The Calm App?
The Calm App is a mindfulness and meditation app designed to help you live a more productive, stress-free life. The app offers guided meditations, sleep stories, breathing exercises, and other relaxation techniques.
There are also several helpful features, such as a progress tracker and an option to set goals.
The app is available for iOS and Android devices and can be used for free or with a subscription.
Main Features in The Calm App
- Improve sleep quality
- Reduce stress or anxiety
- Improve focus
How does Calm work?
Calm is an app that offers a variety of guided meditation and relaxation exercises. You can choose from many topics: stress relief, anxiety reduction, better sleep, and more.
Once you've selected a feature, you'll be given a list of exercises to choose from. Each activity has a different length and focus, so you can find one that's right for you.
Each exercise on the app will guide you through the activity step-by-step. If you need help getting started, helpful tips and FAQs are available.
What's included with Calm?
The Calm app includes various features to help you relax and de-stress.
In addition to a library of guided meditation and relaxation exercises, there are also:
- Calm Body: A selection of relaxation exercises that can be done in just a few minutes.
- Sleep Stories: Bedtime stories recorded by celebrities and designed to help you relax and fall asleep.
- Breathing Exercises: Simple exercises to help you control your breathing and reduce stress.
- Music: A selection of calm, relaxing music to help you wind down.
- Mindful meditation: A guided meditation that can be done in just a few minutes.
- Calm kids tales: Bedtime stories for kids that can help them relax and fall asleep.
- Daily Move: A selection of short, gentle exercises can be made daily.
You will be given a short questionnaire to help the app get to know you better. After that, you'll be given a list of relaxation exercises. Once you've selected an exercise, the app will guide you through it step-by-step.
How Much Does The Calm App Cost?
The Calm app offers both free and paid features. Here's the rundown.
The 7-day trial will give you full access to the app's features. After the trial ends, you can continue using the app for free. Still, you'll only have access to a limited selection of exercises.
Below are some of the subscription options available:
- Full access to the library at $14.99 per month. ($69.99 Annually)
- For family plans with up to six users or for teams of 5 at $99.99 annually. (15% discount)
- Students can enjoy a discounted rate of $8.99 annually via Amazon Prime Student.
- Lifetime membership at $399.99
Calm App Support Team
You can reach the Calm App support team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-321-1221.
The support team can address the below concerns:
- How to reset or update your password
- How to cancel a subscription
- I paid for a subscription, but premium content is still locked.
- I Redeemed an employer-sponsored subscription, and the content is still locked.
- Profile and billing
- troubleshooting and how-to
- Subscription promotion FAQs
The Calm App collects information about your use of the app. The app also collects personal information, such as your name, email address, and payment information. This information is used to provide you with the requested services and improve the app.
Other collected information:
- Usage information
- Transactional information
- Device information
- Recorded information (On some occasions, with the consent of the user, the app will use the device microphone to capture the user's voice)
- The generated information (ex: IP address or location)
Use of collected information on Calm
The collected information will provide, maintain, and improve the app and protect the users' rights and safety. The Calm App may also use this information for marketing and advertising purposes.
The Calm App will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, the app may share your information with service providers or other partners who perform services on our behalf.
The Calm App will also use this information to send transactional and relationship messages to its users.
Is the Calm app worth it?
The Calm App is worth trying out if you're looking for a way to relax and de-stress. 84% of the Calm App users saw great results after using it 5 times a week.
The app also offers a 7-day free trial to try it out before deciding if it's right for you.
Traveling is mostly fun but sometimes stressful. Things like going through airport security, getting your travel documents together, or planning a trip are all stressful events that are undoubtedly part of a traveler's journey.
I recommend the Calm app to any traveler or digital nomad who is often stressed out. The app has helped me escape my anxious thoughts and into a more calm and relaxed state of mind.
While there are drawbacks to using the app, such as limited/repetitive exercises and poor customer service, the Calm App is an excellent tool for anyone looking to improve their mental health.
Our Rating: 4.6/5
- User-friendly interface
- 7-day free trial
- A wide selection of relaxation exercises
- It can be used for both adults and kids.
- Supports multiple languages
- Supports Android, iOS, and desktop
- Track progress and basic statistics
- Master classes by experts
- Natural visuals and audio
- Lengthy sleep stories
- Limited varieties with Calm Body
- Subpar customer service
- Repetitive exercises
Destress With Calm App!
It's not always possible to prevent stress, but there are things you can do to manage it. Planning ahead, especially during trips, is a great way to prevent last-minute booking, packing, and coordinating, leading to unwanted stress. Give Pilot a try!
Pilot is your brand new travel planner that helps you discover and build travel itineraries connecting you to resources everywhere. Make the planning experience more fun by collaborating with your travel buddies! Pilot makes it fun and easy to share and relive your favorite travel memories with many useful features!
Did we mention that it's completely free? Try it out now!