Vacationing and traveling are all about celebrating togetherness, joy, and culture—be it solo, with your family, or with the girls! Luckily, there are tons of low-cost carriers nationwide, including Air India, flyPOP, and SpiceJet. All of which the Pilot team and I have reviewed in detail.
Go First Airlines is another option, presenting you with the perfect opportunity to fly to your desired destinations while on a budget. Mainly, it's one of India's top low-cost airlines, connecting its passengers to various international and domestic destinations.
If you want to know more about this incredible yet low-cost option, stick with me till the end of this review.
What Is Go First?
Go First is an ultra-low-cost airline based in the financial and industrial capital of Maharashtra, Mumbai. The airline was brought to life by the Wadia Group, an Indian business corporation. It commenced its services on November 4, 2005. Ultimately, Go First became India's fifth-biggest airline by gaining a whopping 8.4% passenger market share by October 2017.
So far, the airline has operated over 330 flights to 36 destinations, including 27 domestic and nine international locations. Go First's fleet is kept to the highest safety standards, allowing people to fly confidently while still saving money. And its pleasant crew members look after you while you travel to the destinations you desire.
How to Make Go First Ticket Bookings?
Booking an airline ticket is easy with Go First:
- First, visit the Go First website to book your tickets.
- Select the type of trip from three options: Round Trip, One-Way, and Multi-City.
- Select your take-off and arrival destinations.
- Next, select your departure and return dates.
- Finally, input the number of passengers traveling in your group.
- If applicable, you can also enter a unique promo code to get a discount.
- Lastly, select the currency of payment from the available options.
- You can now select the best flight for your needs from those available for your dates.
If you'd like to get deals on flight tickets and compare Go First ticket pricing to other similar airlines, consider using Skyscanner to help you get the information you need!
How to Edit Your Go First Booking Details?
Life is unpredictable. Luckily, Go First understands your need to change according to these uncertainties. Therefore, you can edit your booking details for domestic up to 2 hours before and international flights up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure time. That said, fees may apply unless you booked a GoFlexi ticket.
Here's how to change your booking:
- On the Go First website, click on Plan My Trip > Manage Booking.
- Enter your PNR number and email or your last name.
- Click on Retrieve Booking to find it
- Make changes to your booking details.
Note that if you booked with Go First via a travel agent, you might not be able to edit your booking directly. In this instance, you may need to contact your travel agent or whoever made the booking to make changes to it.
Go First Flight Cancellation and Refund Policy
Go First makes every effort to operate flights on time. However, Go First reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or delay the start or continuation of any flight. It can also change the stopping point or deviate from the destination's path without having to incur any responsibility regarding compensation, harm, or loss, whether direct, indirect, or consequential.
If your flight is delayed over 2 hours, GoFirst will either re-book you on another flight, re-accommodate you on a different date, or give you a refund. If applicable, you may be liable for any difference in the original and re-booked fares.
In case of a canceled flight or rescheduling for any purpose, Go First takes no responsibility or obligation for delays in the carriage of luggage by air. If you cancel your flight, you will also be subject to high cancellation fees, including on GoFlexi tickets.
Go First Features & Services
When booking with Go First, you can enjoy a wide variety of GoXtra features and services:
- Included & Pre-Booked Baggage: Domestic and international Go First flights include a free checked baggage allowance of 15 kg. You can also pre-book extra bags or buy them at the airport.
- GoHoliday: from the Go First site, you can jump to GoHOlidays to browse and book the best Go First hotel and flight packages worldwide.
- Car Rentals: Go First offers chauffeur-driven car rental services in partnership with Eco Europcar for traveling to the airport, around the city, or to another city.
- Smart Assist: Go First passengers can enjoy smart meet and greet services from Elite Class Management Services for an extra fee at departure or arrival.
- Pre-flight Covid test: passengers can book a Covid-RT PCR test through the Go First website, including at a lab near you or a home visit worldwide.
- International SIM: Go First customers can pre-book an international SIM card for a number of countries. Pre-loaded with data and free calls, you can use it directly upon arrival at your destination.
- Experiences: Go First not only allows you to fly to your desired destinations, but also different activities like tours, staycations, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, parasailing, cruising, and the like.
- And more, including seat selection, snacks, travel protection, and priority check-in… check the GoXtras page for more details.
What Fares Does Go First Charge?
Go First uses a dynamic pricing model and inventory framework to price its fares. While ticket prices and schedules are susceptible to change without notification, the sooner you book, the lower your airfare will likely be, bar promotional offers.
Expect to pay around $25-$50 for a domestic one-way flight and upwards of $100 for an international one-way flight. However, choosing a flexible fare or deluxe package will increase this rate.
Go First Destinations
Go First flies both domestically in India and to and from international destinations:
- Abu Dhabi
- Port Blair
Is Go First Worth It?
Are you intrigued by this easily-accessible, affordable, and accommodating airline? If yes, give it a shot, as Go First delivers on service, especially if you're visiting India! From experiencing Diwali first-hand to exploring the shores of Goa, this vibrant country has plenty to taste, do, and see!
Go First is a great option to take if your favorite destinations are mostly within India, the Middle East, or Southeast Asia. You won't even need to compromise on the level of services and safety standards that you're used to with more expensive options.
Most of all, I appreciate the additional handy services this carrier offers directly on its website. All the positive customer reviews it has garnered also make it a top contender for someone who loves to travel but has a tight budget. Overall, a top choice if you want to get from A to B easily and affordably.
Our Rating: 4.2/5
- Reliable & efficient customer care
- Appetizing menu options
- Excess baggage pre-booking
- Seat selection
- Flight cancellations without notice
- Excess baggage charges
Get to Your Next Vacation With Go First
If your trip to India or the surrounding areas is coming up, it's time to consider booking with Go First!
Whether you're looking to explore a new destination or revisit an old one, be sure to plan to ensure your trip is a success! If you're looking for a handy planning companion, Pilot has everything you need to make your trip planning easy and fun.