If you’re on the search for an epic honeymoon adventure, Thailand is the place to be.
Thailand is known for a lot of things, that's why it's high on the bucket list for most travelers, and for good reason. It’s packed with culture, history, beaches, mountains, and food. Plus, don’t forget the amazing nightlife!
You’ll be able to enjoy a fulfilling dream honeymoon in Thailand, no matter how long your stay is or what is packed in your itinerary.
In this article, I have some Thailand honeymoon destinations that you should add to your itinerary. I'll also give suggestions of things to do in each destination to make the planning easier.
Why Honeymoon in Thailand?
Thailand is a great honeymoon destination — it offers endless things to do and can easily suit any budget. The favorable exchange rate is also a plus here.
If you don’t feel like creating a honeymoon itinerary, especially after all the wedding planning, you can go for a honeymoon package.
Honeymoon Destinations in Thailand
Thailand has a lot to offer. However long your honeymoon itinerary, you can find destinations to fill it to the brim with romantic adventures. Here are 5 Thai honeymoon spots with suggestions of things to do!
Bangkok is a popular honeymoon destination. You can either spend your whole honeymoon here or just a couple of days and move on to other Thai destinations. Bangkok is filled with fun things to do for an electric honeymoon experience.
- Visit the famous Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew to explore a part of Thai culture and religion.
- Learn meditation at Wat Mahathat Temple and experience an authentic Thai massage at Wat Pho, Temple of the Reclining Buddha.
- Enjoy Bangkok’s buzzing nightlife. Visit some of the lively bars, nightclubs, or night markets. You can even book a river cruise along the Chao Phraya River.
- Experience the vibrant floating markets.
- Eat your way through Bangkok — try the street food dishes. Have a romantic fine dining experience at some of Bangkok’s best restaurants.
Phuket is Thailand’s most popular island with beautiful beaches. You might’ve heard about Phuket being a party destination, but it’s a lot more than that. You can also find relaxation and luxury. Phuket offers many things to do for honeymooners.
- Have a leisurely time on the many beaches with sweeping views of the blue waters. Some beaches you can add to your itinerary are Banana Beach, Kata Beach, and Bang Tao Beach.
- Plan out a romantic evening with a stop at Promthep Cape overlooking the vast island.
- Go on a food tour around old Phuket town and look around the markets.
- Hang out at nightclubs and beachside bars with incredible food and drinks.
Pattaya is another Thai destination with beaches. It can be perfect for a romantic honeymoon. Pattaya is a beautiful city with many things to do.
- Head over to the Pattaya Floating Market for local Thai products and admire the ancient riverside Thai community.
- Pattaya is a great place to be if you’re looking to get some adventure activities checked off your bucket list with your partner. You can go bungee jumping, skydiving, parasailing, ziplining, and more.
- Take a tour around Pattaya’s major attractions, such as the Sanctuary of Truth Museum and Big Buddha Temple.
- Have a leisurely walk around Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. You can also catch a wonderful Thai cultural show and an elephant show while there.
- Walking Street in Pattaya is notorious for its vibrant pubs, bars, and nightclubs. However, it might not be for all honeymooners as it’s also a known red-light district. So, depending on your mood, you can have a look around Walking Street while being mindful.
2. Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai should be on your honeymoon radar. Chiang Mai offers a slightly different experience from the other destinations mentioned. Chiang Mai is rich in nature, culture, and history.
- Eat your way through Chiang Mai with a street food tour.
- Visit an ethical elephant sanctuary. Burm and Emily's Elephant Sanctuary is one such sanctuary where you can observe and interact with the elephants.
- Have a unique experience at Bua Tong or the sticky waterfalls. Bua Tong is a limestone waterfall. The mineral deposits make them grippy enough to allow you to climb up its multiple levels.
- If you’re planning your honeymoon in October or November, keep an eye out for the beautiful Yi Peng Lantern Festival. Since it falls on the full moon day of the 12th month of the Thai lunar year, the dates change every year. A pro tip would be to plan your honeymoon dates around the festival to celebrate Thailand’s rich culture and light up some lanterns.
Moving away from the beaches, Pai will offer you stunning views of the hilltops on your honeymoon. You can get to Pai from Chiang Mai, another popular Thai destination.
- Head over to Pai Canyon for beautiful views and some fun hikes with your partner.
- Go on a romantic motorcycle or scooter ride past lush rice paddies and rustic countrysides.
- Visit the night market for a lively night out with shopping, music, drinks, and food.
- Go rafting and tubing along the Pai River.
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of Pai’s hot springs, such as Tha Pai Hot Springs and Sai Ngam Hot Springs.
- Travel a bit further away from Pai to explore the Thai Lod Cave. Thai Lod Cave is one of the most impressive natural limestone cave systems and a must-visit if there’s space in your itinerary.
Stunning beaches, delicious street food, sweeping lush mountains, and grand history — these are all the things you’ll find on your honeymoon in Thailand.
You'll definitely create some long-lasting memories in Thailand with your partner. After all, the country's colorful culture is impactful.
Book Your Trip to Thailand With Pilot
Now you know the perfect itinerary for the honeymoon of your dreams, you can start to craft your ideal travel experience for you, your family, and your friends.