Marmot, an outdoor clothing and gear brand that makes your next adventure easy, exciting and enduring. But are they really worth the hype? Discover to see if Marmot is really worth it for travelers!
Have you ever wondered where all those hiking and camping enthusiasts get their clothing and equipment?
Wearing confidence-inspiring and top-quality gear can make all the difference in enjoying the outdoors. Many outdoor brands have come and gone, but a few like Tommy Bahamas and Outdoor Voices have stood the test of time.
Marmot is a brand that has been around for a long time, and its products are popular among outdoor lovers.
If you are looking for quality and comfortable outdoor clothing and gear, you probably have come across Marmot. Marmot is a brand that has been around for a long time, and its products are popular among outdoor lovers.
But how do you know if Marmot is the right brand for you?
In this review, we'll look in-depth at Marmot to see what they offer and if their products are worth your money. But first, what exactly is Marmot?
What is Marmot?
Marmot is an outdoor clothing and equipment company with a history that dates back to 1971.
Since its inception, Marmot has been creating quality outdoor apparel, gear, tents, and sleeping bags for both men and women passionate about climbing and mountaineering.
From climbers to skiers and backcountry wanderers, Marmot has got you covered with its extensive range of quality products. Their spotless designs and first-class materials have set them apart from the competition, successfully allowing Marmot to make a name for itself in the outdoor industry.
If you are looking for an all-rounder in outdoor gear, Marmot should be on your radar. Let's take a look at what they have to offer.
How do I order online from Marmot?
Ordering from Marmot is a straightforward process. Add the desired items to your cart and checkout when you're ready. You can also order by category as below;
- Shop by Activity: Here, you can shop for gear based on your planned outdoor activity, such as camping and hiking, the trail to town, and Alpine and ice climbing.
- Shop by Technology: This section features clothing and gear made with different technologies such as Gore-Tex, NanoPro, Featherless, WarmCube, Primaloft, Polartec, and MemBrain to help you better withstand the elements.
You can pay for your order using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal. All payments are processed securely.
How Marmot Rewards Work
If you frequently shop with Marmot, you can sign up for their rewards program to earn points. For every dollar you spend on full-priced items, you earn 1 point and get 10 points just for signing up.
Once you've accumulated enough points, you can redeem them for discounts on future purchases.
How to Earn Rewards?
- Complete profile - 10 points
- Try gear finder - 5 points
- Write a review - 5 points
- Refer a friend - 10 points
- Earn Marmot Money for every $1 Spend
- Get a Birthday Gift
- Free Shipping on All Orders
- Free 2-Day Shipping on $250+
- Get Early Access to Sales and Gear Exclusives
Marmot's Warranty/Repair Policy
Marmot offers a limited warranty on all of its products. Here's a rundown on Marmot's warranty coverages for repair or exchange.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
A limited lifetime warranty covers all Marmot products. This means that Marmot will repair or replace any product with a manufacturing defect at no cost to you or a reasonable price.
However, this warranty does not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents, or negligence.
If you need to return or exchange an item, you can do so within 30 days of purchase. Contact Marmot customer service to initiate the process.
What's covered in the warranty
- Common manufacturer defects that are covered include:
- Broken/sticky zippers
- Velcro issues
- Elastic hem cord issues/broken toggles
- Broken stitching
What's not covered in the warranty
- Normal wear & tear
- Use for a purpose other than for which it was designed for
- UV damage
If your Marmot product needs repairs due to damage, you can send it back to the company for assessment.
Marmot Product Range
You can choose from a wide range of products when shopping with Marmot. They offer everything from clothing and footwear to camping gear and accessories.
Here is a quick overview of the different types of products offered by Marmot:
The high-performing rain jacket that's also eco-friendly offers excellent value. It's made with post-consumer recycled nylon face fabric and a waterproof/breathable barrier to keep you dry, comfortable, and stylish whether you're on your daily commute or exploring nature.
- Waterproof and Breathable Fabric
- 100% Seam Taped
- Adjustable Hood that Rolls Into Collar (attached)
- It fits into your pocket
- Adjustable Velcro® Cuffs
- Elastic Drawcord Hem
Stay warm with this high-quality water-resistant down coat. It's filled with 700 fill power goose down and has a removable faux fur trim on the hood for an extra touch of luxury.
- Water Resistant Fabric
- 700 Fill Power Goose Down
- Zip-off Hood with Removable Synthetic Fur Ruff
- Interior Zippered Pocket
- Micro Fleece Internal Cuffs
With this light and compact sleeping bag, you can sleep soundly, knowing you're prepared for anything. It's made with waterproof and breathable fabric to keep you dry and comfortable, even in extreme conditions. Pertex® Microlight on the exterior and recycled polyester on the interior provide superior durability and compressibility.
- Fold-Down Second Zipper for added ventilation
- 800+ Fill Power Goose Down
- Two Way Zipper Sliders
- Snagless Insulated Draft Tube
- Smooth-Curved Baffles
- Compression Stuff Sack Included
What We Like About Marmot
Marmot is a brand that outdoor enthusiasts can trust. They have been around for decades and have built a strong reputation in the industry. Here are some of the things we like about Marmot:
- Extensive product range: you can find outdoor clothing for any weather and activity.
- Quality products: Marmot is known for their high-quality products built to last.
- Ease of ordering: ordering from Marmot is a straightforward process.
- Secure payment methods: various secure methods.
- Product packaging: uses recyclable and reusable material.
- Durability: stand up to extreme weather.
- Warranty: conduct repairs
What We Don't Like About Marmot
- Price tags on some products are a bit on the high side
- Poor customer care
- The high volume of repairs involved
Is Marmot Worth it?
Marmot is an excellent choice if you are looking for high-quality outdoor gear. Their products are built to last and can withstand extreme weather conditions. However, some of their products come with a high price tag.
Customer care could also be improved, as complaints about the company taking a long time to respond to queries could be improved.
Marmots quality/durability has also been questioned, with a high volume of repairs required.
All in all, Marmot is an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts looking for quality gear. However, we recommend researching before purchasing to ensure you get the best value.
Our Rating: 4.1/5
- Extensive product range
- Quality products
- Easy to order
- Pricey products
- Subpar customer service
- Claims of cancellation of ordered products
Ready for your next outdoor adventure?
Now that you have all your gear ready, isn't it time to plan out your dream adventure? Look no further, Pilot has all your dream vacations in one easy-to-use place!
Pilot is your brand new travel planner that helps you discover and build travel itineraries connecting you to resources everywhere. Make the planning experience more fun by collaborating with your travel buddies! Pilot makes it fun and easy to share and relive your favorite travel memories with many useful features!
Did we mention that it's completely free? Try it out now!