If you're looking to join an all-inclusive tour for your next travels, you might have come across Trafalgar. While their tour details look good on paper, are they worth the money? Discover the details of Trafalgar tours we've found!
Disclosure: Pilot is supported by our users. We may earn a small commission fee when you click on affiliate links on our website, and all recommendations are independently reviewed.
Traveling gets very interesting when you have somebody to show you around and tell you about a place. This is where tour groups come in! Booking a tour is an excellent option for first-time travelers or even seasoned vacationers who want a hassle-free trip. All you need to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride…
But ensuring you're getting your money's worth is also essential. There are so many tour companies vying for your attention and business. You might have heard of youth tours like G-Adventures or Contiki, but today we'll dig into another known tour operator, Trafalgar tours.
Trafalgar Tours is one of the world's largest online tour operators. Let's take a closer look to see if their tours are worth it.
What is Trafalgar Tours?
Trafalgar Tours is a tour company that offers guided vacations. The idea is to allow anyone to achieve their dream vacation. Trafalgar offers over 303 trips on 7 continents, and they strive to provide you with authentic experiences you cannot find elsewhere.
From the moment you arrive at a destination to the moment you leave, a Trafalgar tour guide is with you every step of the way. This includes walking tours, transfers, and even some meals!
The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has endorsed Trafalgar Tours with the Safe Travels Stamp. Trafalgar is committed to maintaining the highest safety standards.
What's included in Trafalgar Tours?
Trafalgar Tours offers so much variety. They cater to various interests, from food and wine lovers to history enthusiasts. And there are great options for those who want to relax by the beach. No matter what your interests are, Trafalgar Tours has a vacation package for you.
Travelers also have the option to add unique interest tours led by experts in that field. Be aware that these tours come with extra costs and daily travel. The specialty tours include perks such as behind-the-scenes access to top museums. And there's even a personal shopper option to help you find the best deals at local markets.
Trafalgar Tours also offers many ways to customize your vacation. You can choose the type of accommodation you want, from 5-star hotels to more affordable options. And, of course, you can pick the destination that tickles your fancy! Travel solo, as a couple, or with a group. The choice is yours.
How do I make a booking with Trafalgar?
Making a booking with Trafalgar Tours is easy! You either book online or over the phone.
There are several ways to go about booking:
- By destination - Choose your destination and travel dates, and let Trafalgar take care of the rest!
- By theme - There are many themes to choose from, such as beach holidays, city escapes, national parks, family tours, and more.
- By group type - Choose from an array of group types, such as solo travelers, couples, women only, or group getaways.
- By season - Whether you want to travel in spring, summer, fall, or winter, Trafalgar has a tour for you!
Once you've decided on a tour, you can book online or give Trafalgar's customer service a call.
What you'll experience with Trafalgar
- Unique accommodation: When you book with Trafalgar, you'll have the option to stay in one of their unique accommodations. These include stays at local wineries, castles, and even a night in an igloo!
- Dedicated tour guides: All Trafalgar tours are led by expert local guides passionate about their destination. This means you'll get an insider's view of the places you visit and learn about the culture and history.
- Responsible travel: As mentioned earlier, Trafalgar is committed to responsible travel. This means they offset their carbon emissions, plant trees, and support local communities.
- Transfers: All Trafalgar guests enjoy complimentary arrival and departure transfers* by shuttle coach
Tips before going on a Trafalgar Tours!
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Inform the tour director of any specific dietary requirements.
- It's recommended to download the app "Tap - Find Water Anywhere" on your phone.
- Register on the Trafalgar portal before traveling
- A passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the conclusion of your trip.
Trafalgar offers deals by destination and type. You can easily browse their current deals and promotions by visiting their featured deals page.
When you sign up for the Trafalgar newsletter, you can enjoy a US$250 per couple travel credit off your first trip. [Limited time only - Up as of publication date]
Is Trafalgar tours worth it?
Now that we know a little more about what Trafalgar Tours offers, the next question is - are their tours worth it?
The short answer is yes!
Trafalgar Tours is an excellent choice if you're looking for an all-inclusive tour. Choose Trafalgar if you want someone else to take care of everything from accommodation to transfers to meals. With over 70 years of experience, they know how to create unforgettable vacations.
However, trips can get strenuous, especially with daily train travel. Discuss your interests with Trafalgar's customer service if you're looking for a more relaxed vacation. They can help you create a more customized trip that still includes all the best parts of a Trafalgar tour.
There have been reports of departure delays and itinerary changes. While this is rare, it's best to prepare yourself for the possibility. Make sure you have travel insurance and read reviews before booking anything.
But overall, we think Trafalgar Tours is worth it! But only if you're looking for a stress-free tour that's well-organized. But if it's a more relaxed vacation you're after, consider other travel organizers like Intrepid Travel and EF Go Ahead.
Our ratings: 3.6/5
- Tours in 72 countries
- All-inclusive tours
- Experienced and passionate local guides
- Committed to responsible travel
- 24-hour customer service
- Poor accommodation choice
- Frequent trip postponements
- Poor customer service support
- Failure to refund upon cancellation
All set to book your Trafalgar tour?
Now that we've answered whether Trafalgar tour's worth it, it's time to consider whether a tour is the right travel option for you. While tours like Trafalgar takes care of everything for you, planning your own trip can be so much more worth it.
Pilot is your brand-new travel planner that helps you discover and build travel itineraries connecting you to resources everywhere. Make the planning experience more fun by collaborating with your travel buddies!
Pilot makes it fun and easy to share and relive your favorite travel memories with many useful features!
Did we mention that it's completely free? Try it out now!